TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

In the state of Louisiana if you get a speeding ticket 95 in

Customer Question

In the state of Louisiana if you get a speeding ticket 95 in a 55 will you go jail
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 20 days ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Driving 40 mph over the speed limit would likely be considered reckless driving, and the punishment for reckless driving can include jail time up to 90 days, though the judge is not required to sentence the perpetrator to jail. The judge has the option to give a fine of up to $200 for a first offense instead.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)