Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I signed for my daughters learners permit for financial

Customer Question

I signed for my daughters learners permit for financial responsibility, then my wife signed for financial responsibility when my daughter got her actual license. My daughter was in an accident after she had her actual license. Is my wife now the one who would have the financial? responsibility?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Indiana. Yes I have a personal lawyer and a lawyer who is representing my insurance company. As of now my insurance lawyer is not sure who would be responsible after doing some investigating. I am still waiting to see what my personal lawyer thinks.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: As of right now, no. I have supplied a financial asset/liability disclosure to my insurance lawyer who is wanting to send it to the other insurance company lawyer who is thinking about not pursuing a lawsuit after filing one against my family.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 22 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 22 days ago.

It doesn't really matter as to who signed the permit for financial responsibility. Either or both parents could be responsible based on the fat that they are the parents.