Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

My significant other received a letter from a law firm

Customer Question

My significant other received a letter from a law firm stating that they were attempting to collect a traffic violation fine, plus their collection fees, for a traffic violation that she was not even aware of. The City of Toledo never contacted her about a violation. What does she do now?
JA: In what state did this occur?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, she is of very low income, working only part time, and I can't even get the Toledo Police Traffic Div folks to help.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are not necessarily intersted in fighting the ticket, just want to know what her rights are since they never contacted her about the violation.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is the alleged violation?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug