Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

Is it possible to score the 6 points needed to register a

Is it possible to score the 6 points needed to register a new vehicle in NYC if I present my passport and 3 bills on my name (electricity, mobile phone and internet)? I'm attaching the list of the documents they say people can present. thanks!

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Assuming that your passport is current, a US passport gives you 4 of the 6 points you need. A utility bill gives you 1 point, but the DMV unfortunately will not accept multiple forms of the same type of proof. Your electricity, mobile phone, and internet are all considered utility bills, so you would still need one of the other types of ID from that list. If you're registering a car that you are purchasing, a NY state title document gives you 2 points.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any other questions about this?