Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I got a ticket for a suspended license that i was no aware

Customer Question

Hi, i got a ticket for a suspended license that i was no aware at all, for a pendant ticket of 51$. The officer tald me to send my papers to the court, and i pleada
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ed non guilty , not knowing what to say...Upstate new york
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Theyy sent me a supporting deposition, not a court date, i do no get it...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, for a suspended license ticket there is a mandatory court appearance. The supporting deposition is the officer's testimony supporting the tickets. You will get a subpoena to court. You will need to first take care of the pending ticket in the court where it was pending and get proof of payment of that ticket. Once you do so, then you have to provide that proof to DMV and ask DMV for reinstatement. Then you need to appear in court where this latest ticket was entered and you need to show how you took care of the obligation and paid off the ticket and got the license reinstated and most times the judge will agree to dismiss the citation.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.