RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in numerous areas of the law.
18284290

I have a mess I created years ago and emotionally and

Customer Question

I have a mess I created years ago and emotionally and financially could not face until now I live in a city in nj that is notorious for parking tickets I received so many I am too embarrassed to say and never paid they I can only imagine the thousands upon thousands I owe which I still can't afford my license has also been expired for like years I don't even remember when it expired I haven t had a car for years because I walk everywhere and use public transportation my question is and please don't judge this may sound ridiculous but do parking ticket ps every expire/drop off after numerous years?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the traffic lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: And what is the process for reinstating a license after expiry for years
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nj
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I have no idea these mass parking tickets are 5.5 years or more old
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just want to get on the road to getting my license back
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

There is no statute of limitations on parking tickets in NJ, so no, they do not expire.

When your New Jersey driver’s license expires, you must renew your license with the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC), in person. If it has expired less than three years ago, you can just pay the renewal fee. However if the license expired more than three years ago, then you will have to take the written test again.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time.