Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I received a traffic violation from a Red Light Camera in

Customer Question

I received a traffic violation from a Red Light Camera in Los Angeles County Commerce, Ca. I did not contact the court or the issuing company in Arizona or go to any of the websites listed. I hear that I should just ignore the citation. What should I do?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Los angeles california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Because of a number of significant legal issues regarding enforcement and service issues associated with the Red Light Camera Tickets, the Los Angeles COunty COurts have determined NOT to inform the DMV if drivers do not respond to these ticket.

As a consequence this is one of the rare situations where you are better off ignoring the red light ticket than fighting it.

There was a period of time when these cameras were turned off. The ounty turned them back on, but the legal issues have not been resolved. So the enforcement is not there if you do not respond.

See this article for more detailed information on this:

https://trafficschoolonline.com/blog/can-you-get-out-of-a-red-light-camera-ticket

If you respond to the citation you will have to fight it all the way because if they can show that Service occurred then the ticket is valid.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.