Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I just received a traffic ticked with no amount to pay. It

Customer Question

Hello, I just received a traffic ticked with no amount to pay. It just says that appearance in court is required.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I assume so. Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ticket was for speeding. I was cited for doing 70MPH in a 65MPH zone
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello:

I am an attorney with over thirty years of experience.

Can you tell me the section of law on the citation? What specific questions do you have?

In the meantime I will look somethings up for you.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Hello again:

You were probably cited for either a Violation of Traffice Code 1010 or 1000. These are the basic lower violations for speeding.

For a first offense you are looking at a fine of $205.00 plus costs. So you can figure about $300.00. You may also receive points.

You can avoid the points by attending traffic school. You want to arrange for Traffic School before going to court if you can. If not ask the Court to defer judgment so that you can attend traffic school.

Go to court on the designated day and time to avoid more difficulties.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.