KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I'm actually asking for my dad. He got a ticket last

Customer Question

I'm actually asking for my dad. He got a ticket last september, paid for the fine and traffic school but wasn't able to go. Can he still go to traffic school if it was over a year late? The reason why I'm asking is because he got another ticket yesterday.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No. He paid all of the necessary fines though
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need an answer to my question. For some reason right after he paid the record showed that he went to traffic school already even though he didn't. When he actually attempted to sign up for traffic school it stated that he wasn't eligible, even though he was. For some reason, I guess they corrected their records but now it is showing that he didn't go to traffic school. He's now asking me what to do but I don't know what to tell him
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. He should first contact the traffic court where the ticket was received to make sure that he is still eligible for the California traffic school. They determine who is eligible, and time frame based upon the infraction and his driving record. They will mail him a notice that will inform him of whether or not he can still take traffic school. After that, and if he is still eligible he should contact the traffic school and ask if he could retake the class because he paid and did not use the service and receive the point reduction.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.