Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  15 years exp in driving issues
20355756

I lost my license it will be 10 years in april 2017.Ineed my

Customer Question

Hi! I lost my license it will be 10 years in april 2017.Ineed my license before that but the attorney says $650 I dont have -how can I go about this myself?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No everything is paid including all BMV fees
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes can I get rid of my felony record too?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 month ago.

Hello there --

-

If you originally lost your license due to one or more OUI convictions, you can get your license back by making an application to the DMV in your state -- and then you will most likely be required to have an interlock device installed for a period of several years (it is a breathalyzer installed in your car and the car will not start if you have been drinking and blow into it). On top of the cost for an attorney, the cost of the interlock device is about $800 and then there is a monthly fee to lease the equipment from the company. As far as your felony record is concerned, if the felonies are the OUI convictions, then you cannot get them removed or expunged from your record because they are considered traffic violations and any such OUI felony traffic violations cannot be removed from your court record (this is because the courts look at your previous OUI convictions if you are arrested again so they can determine the number of OUI arrests and convictions that you have had for sentencing purposes).

-

My suggestion here is to check with the DMV first and see what they have to say about getting your license back. It is most likely that they will refer you back to the court for a reinstatement hearing (you can then get information at the clerk's office at the court where they refer you to in order to apply for the reinstatement hearing). After that, you will get a date for a court hearing and the court will tell you what is needed from you in order to get your license reinstated. THANK YOU

-

Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above in the star rating section so I will be given credit for my time assisting you this evening. I do not receive any credit from Just ANswer for helping you unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above before you leave the website. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

-

MARY

-