MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I was in a car accident in June, I had the right of way

Customer Question

Hello I was in a car accident in June, I had the right of way going straight when a kid in a toyota tried to turn left onto a busy street and I hit him as I could not avoid him. there was no police - i called they asked if anyone was injured i said no so they advised to just trade info - clearly he was at fault. during the accident i was not insured as I had put off paying the insurance premium (yes totally stupid). now his insurance (mercury insurance is trying to find us at fault and wants us to pay $13k for everything. i am not sure what to do - this is so clear cut
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Sherman Oaks, California, June 8th
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes last thing that happened is they sent us a letter saying they found us at fault and to pay $13k or we will be going to court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes this kid is saying i was in the wrong lane when he hit me but if you review everything it's clear that he hit me in the turning lane and i had the right of way
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, the only thing you will be able to do would be to pay out of pocket or to take it to court and contest who was at fault. If at court, they determine that you were not at fault, then you will be off the hook and not responsible for paying. However, if it is determined that you are the at fault party, then you will be responsible for payment. You should seek an attorney to represent you in this matter.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.