CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

My sons girlfriend got a ticket for driving without a

Customer Question

My sons girlfriend got a ticket for driving without a license. No violation other than that. She didn't go to court. (9 29) because she couldn't pass the written test. I believe she is dyslexic. She finally passed yesterday and now has s license. Does she need an attorney to go to court for her since she failed to appear
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Do you know if a warrant was issued for her arrest?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't know

Thank you. Please allow me a moment.

If she failed to appear in court, a warrant for failing to appear may have been issued. As such, she needs to call the clerk of court this morning to see if anything was issued, since it would need to be vacated, so she can appear and resolve this. Once that is done, she can appear with her license and see if the State would consider amending or dismissing the charge, since she has obtained a valid license. It is always best to retain counsel but she is not required to, if she wants to handle this on her own, as the clerk may have the forms for her to fill out and file to reset the hearing.