Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

Misuse of plates charge. Car was transferred to me with

Customer Question

Misuse of plates charge. Car was transferred to me with plates still on. Police say plates dont belong to car. But not stolen. Give me ticket anyway despite my explanation that i was on the way to register it in my name.what gives?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 2 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 2 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I am an attorney with over 20 years’ experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Is this in the state of Colorado and the citation number(s) 42-3-121?