Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

I received 2 non payable tickets one for expired inspection

Customer Question

hi, my name is***** received 2 non payable tickets one for expired inspection and the other for not having my insurance card with me. I have to appear of court next tuesday. I am a student and i have full day of call that day and i was wondering is there any way i can change the court date?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes. i do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: next week oct 25- i got my ticket yesterday
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I am an attorney with over 20 years’ experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. Also, if i could how would i change the court date?