Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

Which state acept destruction title to branded title

Customer Question

which state acept destruction title to branded title
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
which state acept vehicle destruction title to branded title
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Florida will allow you to take a salvage title and convert it to a rebuilt or branded title. Alabama will also convert a salvage title to rebuilt title after proof the vehicle has been certified safe by the state. MI will also now allow conversion from salvage (junk) to rebuilt title. We cannot look up all 50 states because of the time involved is beyond the value of this question, but those are just few and most every state will actually allow conversion from salvage to rebuilt with inspections and certification that the vehicle is safe.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i mean destruction title to branded title not a salvege title

Thank you for your reply.
Every state calls them something a little different. A destruction title to a branded title is what I am talking about above. It would have to be done through applying for a rebuilt title (which is a branded title).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
vehicle destruction title just sales part only have some state will change destruction tile to salvage or rebuil ttitle i dont know which state
Thank you for your reply.

I know FL certificate of destruction (it is not a destruction title it is a certificate of destruction that goes with salvage title) can be converted to rebuilt title upon inspection after repair and certification. I also know AL will take a certificate of destruction and after inspection they will issue a rebuild title. I also know Louisiana will take a certificate of destruction and a salvage title and convert it to a rebuilt title after inspection.