CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases

I received a speeding ticket and i have a cdl. I requested a

Customer Question

i received a speeding ticket and i have a cdl. I requested a trial to better my chances of it being reduced. The trooper said that he saw that i was trying to get over to the slow lane and wouldn't have issued the ticket but had to because of the speed.
I don't have the funds to hire a traffic lawyer and I heard that i can't hire a public defender for a speeding ticket so is it possible to get the speed reduced? I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in almost 15 years.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 9 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Yes, it is possible but it typically comes if you are willing to take a plea deal, instead of going to trial. If you go to trial and lose, then the Judge is not going to amend/lower the citation, at that time. This all has to be done ahead of time. As such, you can speak with the court when you appear and ask for a plea offer, to resolve this, presenting any mitigating factors for the Judge to consider. Then, if they will reduce it you can accept it or else proceed to trial at that time

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 6 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!