How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 18796
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do after receiving a ticket for invalid drivers

Customer Question

What can I do after receiving a ticket for invalid drivers license in Texas but when I talk to the DPS headquarters they tell me my license is fine. Now I missed the court date but I don't live anywhere close to where the ticket was issued and it only gave me a couple of weeks to appear in court
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

The only thing you can do in that instance is to appear for the scheduled hearing and contest the ticket: plead not guilty. If you missed the hearing, then you need to contact the town and make arrangement for another hearing. Otherwise, you would be responsible for the ticket.

Goodluck with your case,