Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

What can I do after receiving a ticket for invalid drivers

Customer Question

What can I do after receiving a ticket for invalid drivers license in Texas but when I talk to the DPS headquarters they tell me my license is fine. Now I missed the court date but I don't live anywhere close to where the ticket was issued and it only gave me a couple of weeks to appear in court
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The only thing you can do in that instance is to appear for the scheduled hearing and contest the ticket: plead not guilty. If you missed the hearing, then you need to contact the town and make arrangement for another hearing. Otherwise, you would be responsible for the ticket.

Goodluck with your case,