Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law

Can i get a red drivers license if i am a h.T.O, Colorado, I

Customer Question

Can i get a red drivers license if i am a h.T.O
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I dont understand the question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just had my first accident ever this morning
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Colorado law, a habitual traffic offender designation carries a 5-year driver's license revocation with no possibility of getting a probationary license. You can engage an attorney locally to go to DMV and court to fight the HTO designation and even seek to vacate one or more of the violations which would then cause the HTO designation to be removed and would allow you to get your license or probationary license before the suspension is completed, but it is not something that can be done without local counsel. The attorney would actually have to go to court where the other tickets were issued to seek to get the verdicts on those tickets set aside and have the tickets dismissed.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.