Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I received a traffic ticket in Manhattan for 319-1

Customer Question

I received a traffic ticket in Manhattan for 319-1 (uninsured vehicle) because I didn't have a recent insurance card with me. However (1) the car is registered in NH not NY and (2) I do have a letter from my insurance company proving coverage. How should I respond to the ticket?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I received a traffic ticket in Woodbury NY for 319-1 (uninsured vehicle) because I didn't have a recent insurance card with me. However (1) the car is registered in NY and (2) I do have a letter from my insurance company proving coverage. How should I respond to the ticket?
Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 8 months ago.

You can call and plead not guilty

Hours: 8AM - 4PM
Monday - Friday
511 Route 32
P.O. Box 509
Highland Mills, NY 10930
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####br />E-mail: info@
townofwoodbury.com

Ask about talking to the prosecutor, call them as well and see if they will then dismiss it.Since you had coverage they should agree to that once you provide the information.At worst you appear for trial and present this to the judge.Since you had coverage the judge should dismiss it here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.