Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I have the baiid thing installed in my car. IL yes wouldn't

Customer Question

I have the baiid thing installed in my car.
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: IL yes wouldn't give me a good answer
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: well i already have a lawyer hired, and its the actual hearing for my first dui
JA: Sorry about that. I must have missed it. Could you tell me again?
Customer: i need to write an explanation letter for baaid violations i have supporting documentation from my doctor that says i suffer from pancreatitis
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this going to cost me anything?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please clarify for me what your question is so I can better assist you?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have the baiid device installed in my car. 9/1, i attempted to start my car at 1042 am and got a reading of .063. On 9/14 at 1:50 pm, i had a fail again at .084, and then again on 9/15 at 10:07 am got a reading of .052. I will be honest and tell you that I did drink heavily the night before, on those nights. It was not like I had drank during the day and was attempting to drive the car. I was just attempting to start my car, and the readings came up as fail. I felt totally sober, but I guess there was still alcohol in my system. Now, I need to write an explanation letter to the secretary of state. I am not sure what to write.

I cannot help you lie about why these violations occurred.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not asking you to lie. I am going to tell the truth because I do have a note from the doctor that says I suffer from pancreatitis. I am just asking on how to word it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor opted out.
It legally does not matter whether or not you "felt sober," all that matters is the reading. If you have a doctor claiming that you had a BAC because of your pancreatitis, then it is up to your doctor to explain the situation to the court as to why the blood alcohol level was present and how your pancreatitis caused that to happen. Once your doctor writes their report as to how this caused the reading on the interlock device, then you would be able to argue that your case should be dismissed based on your medical condition.