Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I received a second ticket within 18 months of taking

Customer Question

I received a second ticket within 18 months of taking traffic school in the same area I got the first one. Officer said I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign, which is false. Is there any way to fight and win or at least get traffic school a second time? I know they cut off the 12 hour traffic school as an option
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: what do you mean? I appeared in court for the first ticket to fight it and lost.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the first ticket was for turning left between 4-7PM in an area with signs posted. However, I argued they were difficult to see as I did not see them and the glare of the sun blacked out the electronic sign directly in front of me (though I did not have photo evidence of this at the time)
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

The only way to fight and win is to persuade the Court that you are right and the officer is wrong. However, I am not sure how you are gong to do this if you do not have any recording that would show exactly what transpired. All you can do here is to make a strong case that you did make a complete stop, but the officer still gave you a ticket.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.