RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in numerous areas of the law.
18284290

I NEED TO GET A DUPLICATE TITLE FOR MY DAD'S CAR. What

Customer Question

I NEED TO GET A DUPLICATE TITLE FOR MY DAD'S CAR. What should I do? He lives in Pa and I live in Ohio.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: i why would you ask me that do i have to go to DMV OR THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I HAVE THE SALE RECEIPT WITH THE VIN NUMBER.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

The instructions are found here. Basically all that has to be done is completion of a form for a duplicate title and then it gets mailed in with a check for $51. The application does have to be signed by the vehicle owner or an authorized person, however. So you could either fill this out for your father and send it to him to sign and send in with a check (the easiest thing to do if your father is able to) or if you are his authorized agent under a Power of Attorney, you could sign on his behalf and send in payment, but I would also attach a copy of the Power of Attorney with it.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!