Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I am 20 minutes late to court and can't get ahold of a

Customer Question

i am 20 minutes late to court and can't get ahold of a person or leave a voicemail in the court office. what are my options?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes, its a trial by judge
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am accused for 93 mph in a 30 mph zone. im here to contest it because of the officer's sloppy handwriting. 93 mph in an airport parkway is impossible.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

You need to contact the Judicial Assistant of the Judge, if the clerk of court is not picking up the phone. If you are only 20 minutes late, you should be alright, as there are other cases which can and will be heard prior to yours. As long as you arrive before the last case is called, your trial will go forward.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.