Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

I was stopped and issued a speeding ticket 70mph in a 55mph

Customer Question

I was stopped and issued a speeding ticket 70mph in a 55mph zone I was not just cruising 70 I was passing a car then slowed down he clocked me in the process will I loose my privileges for this I have no priors in the past 3 years
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Lumberton nc
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, speeding 15mph over the speed limit in North Carolina has the potential to result in the loss of your license. However, these types of violations (especially since it is your first in the past 3 years) can be reduced to less serious offenses that do not result in loss of your license and can even exclude insurance points.

But in order to speak to the prosecutor and have your ticket reduced, you will most likely need to hire a local traffic attorney who can appear in court on your behalf. Many times, a prosecutor will not even speak to you unless you are represented by an attorney. You should speak to a few different local attorneys and see how cheap you can get the representation since this is not a very complicated case for your attorney to handle.

I hope this has been helpful. If so, please provide positive feedback

Please rate my answers 5-stars if you have found my answers helpful!