CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I just received a speeding ticket on I80 for going 85 mph in

Customer Question

I just received a speeding ticket on I80 for going 85 mph in a 65moh zone.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The court date is set for 10/12/16 in Austintown Oh. What will it cost to have representation by a lawyer to get the charge reduced
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Traffic Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Ok
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: need Ito not have a conviction on my CDL license I was driving a pick up not a rig.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Total cost. Can it stay off my record without me appearing in court?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a price list for individual attorneys in your area (costs for legal services vary greatly by location, and each attorney or law firm can charge differently), however, in most cases a simple traffic appearance like this will cost a couple of hundred dollars.

Your first appearance is going to be the preliminary hearing at which point you will plead either "guilty" or "not guilty" - your job is to plead "not guilty" so that the matter can go to a formal hearing (and gives your attorney time to negotiate a deal with the prosecutor).

I do recommend retaining your attorney as early as possible to help you with the matter - if they believe an appearance with you at the preliminary is worthwhile they can appear at that time and may be able to assist you in one single hearing (this depends on the court as well as the DA).

You will be looking for either a criminal defense attorney or a traffic law attorney (the traffic law attorney is a specialist, but a criminal defense attorney will be able to handle this matter easily).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).