How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 2981
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

39:4-81 failure to observe traffic control device. can i pay

Customer Question

39:4-81 failure to observe traffic control device. can i pay online the ticket
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Irvington NJ
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: if I pay online without court. What will happen
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he is going to charge too much money
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using

You can pay online and it will take care of your ticket but will add 2 points to your driving record as you will be pleading guilty to the offense. See link to NJ municipal site: If you appear in court and are convicted of or plead guilty to Failure to Observe Traffic Signals, the Court has the discretion to imprison you up to 15 days in jail (39:4-203). Additionally, the Court must fine you anywhere from $50 to $200 (39:4-203), court costs up to $33 (N.J.S.A. 22A:3-4) and a $6 assessment (N.J.S.A. 39:5-41). It is more likely that you will be able to negotiate a lesser charge with the DA and plead guilty to that. I believe this is an $85 fee so you can just pay it and take a safe driving course to get the points off you record if you wish.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in, was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See how to on the following link for how to do so: http://http://

Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?