Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I have a few questions actually. My husband purchased a

Customer Question

Hi. I have a few questions actually. My husband purchased a truck..yes without a title or bill of sale. He sadly believes a handshake and any bs a person feeds him at that present time is enough. 2 months later, after riding them for a title and a bill of sale..the day he's coming to bring us title he shows up..is looking over the truck and all the work my mechanic hubby did to it and surprise he wants it back. Call the town Marshall he says can't do anything if he's got title so we get to watch our truck drive off for good. Let's not forget this same man broke down in his explorer called and we did what he asked. Went picked up the explorer towed to our place where my husband assessed and gave him an estimate for work. And here it still sits. Q is..what do I do?
I'd love have truck back but..I'll be furious if don't get anything from all we've done. Time money and work invested in both vehicles.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Colorado. Truck is 2001 and explorer is 2004
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No I haven't filed anything
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma'am
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What is the value of the 2001 vehicle? Has your husband done work on the other vehicle yet? If so, what's the value? How long have you had it?