Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I have a Nevada speeding ticket for $115 but looking how to

Customer Question

Hi! I have a Nevada speeding ticket for $115 but looking how to pay for it, I also have some negative points on my drivers license for driving with suspended license, looking to clear that, is there a way I can do that?
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I Live in California.
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No I have the option to pay, I'll pay but I'm more concern on clean my driving record, as I said I was pull over many time in the past with suspended license.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I'm ready but doing some research because I had bad experiences with attorneys and I've on my research I also read other people have bad experiences too.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm ready but doing some research because I had bad experiences with attorneys and I've on my research I also read other people have bad experiences too. This is start to look wired for me already!
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that points remain on your license in CA for 3 years. If you go to court and ask for traffic school for a CA ticket, you could remove up to 2 points. However, for the out of state ticket, you need to appear with an attorney I am afraid, as the local attorneys in the area where the court is located would have the best results with negotiating with the prosecutor for perhaps either a deferred adjudication (where you pay the ticket and if you get no ticket in 6 months in NV they will dismiss the ticket and not report it to CA) or negotiate to drop it to a non-moving violation, which has no points.
Just because you have had bad experiences with some attorneys does not mean they are all a problem. You can get a local traffic law attorney in that NV county where you need to appear at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com (where they are all peer reviewed) and they can represent you in court. If you just plead guilty though, it will just add points to your record.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your answer, how does this service work, I taught it wast one time payment not a recurring monthly payment? I had a ticket in CA on February and went to school, as far as I know I can't go to school until after 18 months, does this apply if this happened on another state in this case Nevada?
Thank you for your reply.
The experts are not employees of this site, we are users of the site like you are. It seems you signed up for a subscription which is unlimited questions for one month and you can cancel at that time or you can change your subscription now to a one question fee by contacting customer service at***@******.***
Subscription or not, for experts to get credit for time spent with customers, the customers need to leave positive feedback for the expert by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of their page.
If you already went to traffic school, you cannot do that again. So going to NV and using a local attorney to negotiate a deferred adjudication or reduction to a non-moving violation would likely be the best possible way for you to deal with this situation.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just paid the ticket today, I wasn't concern about paying it, what more concern about the point on my license, they transfer me to an attorney and she told me that I don't qualify to get rid of it because I went to school in the last 3 years, is there a way to get rid of this point?
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, once you paid the ticket without negotiating any deal, I am afraid you are stuck with both the ticket and the point. If you already had points removed in the last 18 months I am afraid that you are not eligible for any relief. As I said, had you plead not guilty you had a chance to negotiate to get the ticked reduced to a non-moving and could have possibly saved the points.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But you said that if I have no point in the next 6 months they will remove the pint?

Thank you for your reply.

Go back and please read what I said above, I said you have to negotiate that with the prosecutor in court, you did not tell me you just went in and plead guilty. Once you paid the ticket it is too late to negotiate a deal for a deferred adjudication. So you are the one who went and paid the ticket and now I am sorry to say it is too late to negotiate a deal.