Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  N/A
96078538

Got a failure to yield to ped ticket after a skateboard hit

Customer Question

got a failure to yield to ped ticket after a skateboard hit my truck making a left turn. but the crosswalk was some 20 feet away. does that matter? would he have to be in the crosswalk right?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am a licensed attorney for over 20 years and I look forward to assisting you. I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Yes - that matters and I highly suggest that you get a traffic defense lawyer in your jurisdiction right away. In any traffic case, every element of the offense must be proven in order for a defendant to be found guilty. If just one element is missing, the defendant must be found not guilty. If a defendant is charged with Failure to Yield (specifically dealing with a crosswalk) and the person is 20 feet away, it matters to me as a defense attorney, and it should matter to a judge. Get your evidence together, get an attorney and make the prosecution prove their case. Many defendants feel they don't have a chance. But traffic cases are not always as cut and dry as they may seem. Defend, defend, defend!

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Did you get the help that you needed? I am here if you need me to give you some additional general information concerning your legal matter. Just let me know. I am here to help. Take care!

I see that you don't need anything further so I will close this out at this time. Please don't forget to 5 star rate me on the rating section of this page so I can receive credit for assisting you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. Thanks!