Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

If you drive a school bus in Prince Williamcounty and you

Customer Question

If you drive a school bus in Prince Williamcounty Virginia and you were involved in a vehicular accident. You have a court date, does the state or county provides you with legal representation?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Just to be clear, are you the "victim" or the defendant regarding this accident? (i.e., were you cited for any traffic offense or was just the other person cited)?

If you were cited, for which offense(s) were you cited for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My spouse was the Driver of the school bus. She was given a traffic ticketMy question is
Does the employer state provide her with legal representation or does she get her own lawyer

Thanks for that info.

The individual would have to get their own attorney. The employer (whether it is a governmental entity or private company) does not provide any attorneys, even if the ticket was given while they were on the job. If a part of a union, the driver may have access to reduced cost legal representation as part of a union benefit. However, this will be something that they would have to look into to determine if this is a benefit that is extended.

Aside from this fringe benefit, the county/state does not provide an employee an attorney for on the job (or off the job) tickets or offenses.

Questions based on this? If so, please ask!

If not, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for taking the time to provide general information to individuals until the individual clicks ACCEPT and rates the assistance with three stars or higher. Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated!

***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as they would be in the best position to assist***

Good afternoon:

I see you have read my response.

I hope the general information I've provided has been helpful.

If you have no other questions, please remember to click accept and rate the assistance (just the assistance and not the laws, as experts here have no control over the laws) provided with three stars or higher as that is the only way experts can be credited for taking the time to assist!

Thanks!