P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

If my son is a resident of MN and gets a DUI in Utah and

Customer Question

if my son is a resident of MN and gets a DUI in Utah and they suspend his liecense will it also be suspended in MN
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The suspension will apply in MN.

The reason for this is the "drivers license compact"

The Driver License Compact is an interstate compact used by States of the United States to exchange information concerning license suspensions and traffic violations of non-residents and forward them to the state where they are licensed known as the home state. Its theme is One Driver, One License, One Record. The home state would treat the offense as if it had been committed at home, applying home state laws to the out-of-state offense.

So a Utah suspension would cause MN to suspend the license

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.