SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.

I got ticket yesterday driving 75mph on 55mph in Santa so

Customer Question

I got ticket yesterday driving 75mph on 55mph in Santa Barbara so just searching to see how much is a fine right now.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Santa Barbara, CA
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes but I think I should be able just to pay it off once it arrives in mail.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that would be it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

I'm sorry to hear about your ticket: For a violation of 22349(b), which is 16-25 MPH over a 55 MPH posted speed limit, you're looking at a $357 fine.

I hope this helps!

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.