Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

In December 2009 I was involved in a hit and run. I didn't

Customer Question

In December 2009 I was involved in a hit and run. I didn't know I had backed into the car. The police came to my work, took my statement, and that was the last I heard of it. Today I was pulled over for my registration and informed I had warrant for that hit and run. I was given a citation to appear in court and let go. What should I do to prepare for court?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

I would suggest contacting an attorney who can simply contact the prosecutor's office to get the criminal charges removed. You should let them know you will be giving your insurance info to the other party and that you will cover their damages.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.