How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 115462
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I need to do to register my car in California if I

Customer Question

What do I need to do to register my car in California if I am an out of state resident but I want to leave a car in California
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

To register your car in CA, you need to present proof of ownership and proof of insurance and smog test and you need valid Identification. If you are currently out of town, you can get a company like CA Reg to register the car for you. See:

Related Traffic Law Questions