Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law

I am going to the jop for improper tow based on the

Customer Question

I am going to the jop for improper tow based on the following conditions
After pas
I was pulled over after racing to get to a hospital because I thought I had been raped (there is an investigation). I was pulled over by police for speeding, and then when trying to pull into a parking lot because I did not feel comfortable pulling off on the side of the road where there were nostreet lights. I was not interested in the officer knowing the exact reason for my speeding but told him I was on the way to the hospital which I was. I was given a sobriety test and passed refused a breathalyzer, and agreed to a blood test. Arrested and car was seized and searched pot was found , car seized by police and towed was the car unlawfully towed given they have no evidence that i was intoxicated
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you took the breath test and blood test and passed and they had no probable cause for the arrest, then you can indeed challenge anything they found during the search of your vehicle on the impound search since they did not have probable cause to impound the car.
I would hope you have an attorney at this point to challenge the evidence by filing a motion to suppress the evidence since the vehicle was towed and impounded without any probable cause since you were not intoxicated and they had no legal basis to arrest you.