CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I was waiting patiently at a red liht in beverly hills. As

Customer Question

i was waiting patiently at a red liht in beverly hills. As the light turned green I entered the intersection and the camera went off who can I call
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: CA beverly hills
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

You say that the "camera went off" - but you did not say that you received a traffic citation (a "red light camera citation").

If this is correct (you saw something that appeared to be a camera flash, but you did not receive any citation), you can contact the Police Department (non-emergency number) if you believe that the camera may be malfunctioning).

If you are cited for a red light violation, you can contest this.

The City of Beverly Hills has their own review where you can check the footage for the citation:

But the California Courts have a much more detailed self help site to assist citizens in dealing with red light violation disputes (including situations where the camera recording is inaccurate):

(Most drivers that have waited through a light (such as what you have described) have simply identified a flash of the camera that is unrelated to their own vehicle passing through the intersection, and nothing further is required.)