Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I am a resident of Rhode Island and was involved in an auto

Customer Question

I am a resident of Rhode Island and was involved in an auto accident in East Providence, RI. The other driver is from MA. I was exiting a parking lot and this individual hit me. His insurance company rejected my claim based on MA law regarding exiting from a parking lot into a street was illegal (no traffic light to exit) Did not matter accident happened in RI, insurance company said MA law prevailed
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ely replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did the police come? If so, who was ticketed (if anyone) - you, or the other driver?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.