Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former Asst State Attorney/Hearing Officer
17897874

Builder plans 18 homes in area on hillside. We have only one

Customer Question

Builder plans 18 homes in area on hillside. We have only one way entrance and exit the road is narrow, cars are parked only on one side In case of emergency there is no room for emergency truck to reach the family in need. and there are other problems. Whom you refer to check the situation.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

If the builder's plans have not yet been approved by the zoning or planning commission of the municipality or county then that is whom you need to contact to find out when the public hearings will be held. Such plans will require permitting and such approval would not be granted without public hearings. That will be your opportunity to express your concerns to the body who may deny or approve the plan. They can also require the builder to revise the plan to accommodate or address the increased traffic.

The concerned homeowners may want to retain a local land use attorney to organize and present their concerns.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

I can not imagine that the planning board would allow such a development without requiring the developer to include in his plans additional roads and access points or that the developer would not address that in the plans already.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?