Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
Experience:  I have been handling minor traffic offenses for more than 20 years.
10707909

The box for "court appearance is required" is checked. If

Customer Question

The box for "court appearance is required" is checked. If the driver is willing to admit guilt and pay the fine, what is the purpose of a court date? What should the driver be expected to do at court? The citation is unauthorized use of a placard in NJ
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 3 months ago.

Hello

Yes. IF that box is checked then you are mandated to appear. As I stated, the legislature tried to take the fine to max $5000 and so this is a very serious offense. It is one in which a judge will need to admonish you in person. And that is why it is a mandated court appearance.

But you can try the link to pay online as I provided in one of your other open questions. And if you can pay online, then verify with the clerk of the court that your hearing is cancelled.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks again Sam. I rate you 5 stars. Please use this message for credit.

Thanks very much again. Good luck with everything.