Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

My parents have become incapable of driving and have given

Customer Question

My parents have become incapable of driving and have given up their drivers' licenses and I have their durable poa's; I would like to add my name to the registration on their vehicle in order to insure it and also be able to transport them as necessary as it is more easily accessed than my truck for them @ 90 and 85 years of age; I have the CA DMV poa form they need to sign; should I also take my durable poa's to my appt and do I need to have the CA DMV form notorized? I do not want to remove their names, simply add mine
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, you should bring your PoA with you to allow you to transact business on their behalf. The form does not have to be notarized, it is signed under penalty of perjury, which is a way to avoid it being notarized.