LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
15277592

I USE TO RESIDED IN PATERSON NEW JERSEY. TO GET MY LICENSE

Customer Question

MY NAME IS ***** ***** I USE TO RESIDED IN PATERSON NEW JERSEY. I AM TRYING TO GET MY LICENSE IN FLORIDA, BUT WHEN I CONTACTED WAYNE TOWN CENTER I WAS INFORMED I HAVE THREE TICKETS AND ONE WAS DRIVING WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE AND I HAVE A BENCH WARRANT OUT ON ME FOR 713.00 WHAT CAN I DO?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon Dorothy,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

In order to get your license renewed, you must deal with the traffic citations and the failure to appear warrant with the court first. It is not otherwise possible to get your license. Unfortunately, you will have to go to NJ to do this. It cannot be done from FL.

If a warrant has been issued for you because you failed to appear at court to answer to the citation or charge made against you, then you will need to contact the criminal court clerk’s office at the courthouse and ask what the amount of bond is for the warrant. The warrant was issued because of your failure to appear at court as directed. You will then need to go to the court and post the bond on the bench warrant. The bond is usually between $500 and $1,000,cash only, and then you will get another court date to appear to answer to the underlying charge as well as to your failure to appear at the first hearing.

If you are fearful of going to the court to post bond, you can have a friend do it, or even a local attorney. However, they are not waiting at court to arrest you. Call ahead to ask how much the bond amount on the warrant is---take in the cash to pay the bond, and you will be given a new hearing date.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not get a lawyer from New Kersey to represent me!! I have ac15 month old baby and my husband just died.. He was driving me for the last 13 years now that he have died I need to purchase a car and you need license to purchase a car with payments
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I don't know what to tell you. I am very sorry for your loss.

However, you explained your situation and I in turn explained the only way that you will ever be able to get you license back. You don't have to hire an attorney but you will have to deal with the NJ court to clear the charges against you, as well as the warrant, before you will be allowed to get another driver's license.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug