Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

What traffic infractions in state of michigan will be reason

Customer Question

what traffic infractions in state of michigan will be reason for impoundment of offender's vehicle
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The decisions are not made by specific traffic infractions. They are made by the officer(s) deciding on the situation. Typically, the police will impound the vehicle in the following situations:

-there is a DUI

-the vehicle is needed as evidence (example, drugs found in vehicle)

-the vehicle is badly damaged and cannot be driven (if so, police have discretion whether to impound it themselves or allow a private tow truck to take it)

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 2 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!