Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

My husband was on an accident and because you not to move

Customer Question

my husband was on an accident and because you not to move your car until the policy arrives he was charged with obstracting traffic i dont know if he gets any points in new jersey the thing is his insurance is up for renewal and it increased because of accident and the minor moving violation of obstructing traffic
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no he paid his ticket it was in april because someone told him that was no point ticket
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Obstructing traffic is indeed a no-point violation. Points are only relevant to whether or not a license would be suspended, however. Insurance companies do not care or consider "points." Insurance companies only care about the nature of the ticket and the outcome.

You mentioned that your husband paid the ticket. Are you aware if he simply plead guilty and received a conviction or did he obtain any type of deferred prosecution? The answer to this question will determine whether or not the insurance company will even know about the ticket.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
he just paid the ticket plead guilty because policy officer told him who hits from behind is guilty
the driver in front of him just stopped for no reason no traffic light no traffic and my husband was already changing lanes when the driver in front stopped for no reason and because my husband was driving a dump truck its more hard to avoid whats in front but officer said its his fault
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the insurance knows about ticket because i called why insurance went up almost double and the told me the accident and a minor violation OBSTRACTING TRAFFIC

I see.

What I will do right now is opt-out of the question and allow another expert to assist you regarding this.

You will be greeted by a new expert soon and they will have access to everything typed here, so there is no need to re-type anything.

Please do not respond back to this until a new expert has greeted you, as it may delay you getting the general information you are looking for.

Thank you and good luck!

Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

I want to make sure I understand your question. Am I correct that the accident was in New Jersey and that your husband is licensed in New Jersey. Also are you asking how many points the state will put on his state driving record?