Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My wife's nephew bought a motorcycle with no title or

Customer Question

My wife's nephew bought a motorcycle with no title or registration. Never put it in his name, and now wants to give it to me to pay me back for the work I've done to it. It hasn't been registered for more than 7 years or operated. Can I legally register it in my name without crazy fees?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: It's not stolen.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Just Retitle it First Amended Motion to Strike......

This would have the court know that you are amending this motion.If you have to do it again it would be Second Amended Motion to Strike and sop forth.This lets the court know which is newest and review only that one at the hearing.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and good luck here.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Please disregard this it was a site error.Please don't rate or respond others will pick this up.Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

Thanks for your patience.I wanted to help you here, sorry for the mispost.

The answer here is that there is no easy way to get the title transferred.You can get the old title from DMV but you would still need to get the titled holder to sign it over.I would not agree to this, take money payments or something else this has little value without a title and it is not likely you can get this corrected.Please don't shoot the messenger here but anytime you get a titled object like car, trailer, motorcycle you don't own it until you have legal title.You cannot just retitle it unless you can find old owner.