Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
Experience:  I have been handling minor traffic offenses for more than 20 years.
10707909

I got a red light camera citation on 2/29/2016 at a

Customer Question

I got a red light camera citation on 2/29/2016 at a notorious intersection of US 41 and wiscon rd in florida.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 4 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. What information do you need in this regard, please?

Also, I do not participate in phone calls offered by this website and will provide information here. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

But if you tell me here what is your question, we will continue. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Sam,
My wife received a traffic citation 2/29/16 for running a light.But I was driving.
I noticed the light was getting close changing from yellow to red so i checked
The intersection and decided stopping was worse then going through the red light.The intersection was clear, so I proceeded making my left turn.
Thank you.
Joe Privitera.

When you say Citation - would that be the Notice of Violation?

And is is directing you to a website to pay the fine?

Do you not want to pay the fine? Do you want to challenge the ticket?

I suggest if you do not want to pay the fine, then you can wait and they will follow up with a ticket. The ticket fine will be an increase over the current one. You will then be given 30 days to pay that amount. There are no points that come with these tickets.

So if the NOV say you owe $160 if you do not pay in the time allowed, you will get a Ticket. You can pay that or you can request a hearing. You might get the larger fine reduced back to the NOV fine - but that is about the best you can hope for.

You are not going to be able to defend against a camera ticket but you certainly can try.

You also can consult with a local attorney if you want legal representation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Sam
Yes the title says "Florida Uniform Traffic Citation".The fine we t from $158.00 tonow $262.00. And the State of Florida has threatens my wife with suspension
Of her license. Yes and more money $60.00. And there is more, if we lose, we will be liable for more money,$ 250.00 and administrative fee of 50.00
Respectfully
Joe Privitera

Ok, Joe. You can call the clerk and request a hearing on that or you can pay the $262 online. As I stated, if you go this alone, you probably will only be able to get the fine reduced back to the original $158. There are no points and once it is paid, the suspension threat is lifted. Keep your receipt however in your wife's car in case the databases are not updated correctly.