MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I was involved in a minor car accident this morning. The

Customer Question

I was involved in a minor car accident this morning. The other car was at fault & admits fault as well. I currently do not have a valid drivers license. Will her insurance company still pay to fix my car because I don't have a license? I'm a Delaware resident and the accident happened in Delaware
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The short answer is yes. Her insurance company is still responsible for covering any property damage that she caused (as long as she has property damage coverage).

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Property damage coverage? She damaged my car only no property was damaged other than my car of course. Will I get a ticket for driving without a license? Is no law in the state of Delaware where she would not have to pay to fix my car because I was in unlicensed driver?

Yes. Property damage coverage covers any property that she may cause damage to by driving her vehicle.

If you did not get a ticket at the scene, then you will not get a ticket.

No, there is no such law.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do I call her insurance company to file a clam or do I call my insurance company? We didn't call the cops both of us had to go to work and didn't want to wait for the police.

That depends. You can go through your insurance company (which will be faster), but you will need to pay your deductible or you can go through hers which may take some more time.

If you didn't call the police, then her insurance company is going to argue that their driver was not at fault since a citation was not issued.