Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

I live in East Stroudsburg PA, July 8,2016 I received a

Customer Question

I live in East Stroudsburg PA, July 8,2016 I received a speeding ticket. City name: Elizabethtown, town of 1652.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The police state that: this veh 79MPH steadily in a 55MPH speed work zone and entered to the 50 MPH Speed work zone at 79 MPH, well posted from 1 mile prior. ( in which you substantially stated as follows: I wasn't paying attention.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, I trying to have a lawyer to represent me.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. Can you please clarify for my what your question is?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Elizabethtown, town of 1652 county essex , New York state

That is the address. I need to know what your question is

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What is the best thing i could do in this case. I received a speed ticket in NY. The police statement: this vehicle 79Mph steadily in a 55 Mph speed work zone and entered in to the 50 Mph speed work zone at 79 mph, well posted 1 mile prior. what is best advice what can i do in this situation? please advise!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the court date is August 4, 2016

Do you want to fight this or take a plea? Were you traveling that fast?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
if i take plea of guilty what will happen to me and my license. I was not traveling that fast, but the court is about 5hours away from me. i would like to fight it what is chance?

If the court is 5 hours away and you want to fight this, then you should strongly consider retaining a local traffic ticket defense attorney to represent your legal interest. They can review the face of the citation and see if there is any basis to get it dismissed. If not, then can then decide if you have any legal defenses to raise or if it is in your best interest to take a plea deal, as long as your license is not effected. If you want to go to trial, they can question the Officer and how they measured your speed and try and create doubt, as to how fast you were going. The burden is on the State, so they would need to prove by the Officers testimony and documentation that you were going the speed alleged. The goal is to avoid points or any type of suspension, so if the attorney can obtain this, it may be in your best interest.