Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I would like to know if i can buy and register a car by

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i would like to know if i can buy and register a car by obtaining licence plate in my name in US -Texas as B1/B2 visitor
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: nothing else
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: Under Texas laws, you should be able to buy and register the car because the main form you need to fill out is An Application for Texas Title which allows you to use a passport for identification purposes. However, obtaining a Texas driver's license is where you may run into a little bit of a problem as that requires proof of Texas residency for 30 days.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.ANSWER: Under Texas laws, you should be able to buy and register the car because the main form you need to fill out is An Application for Texas Title which allows you to use a passport for identification purposes. However, obtaining a Texas driver's license is where you may run into a little bit of a problem as that requires proof of Texas residency for 30 days.Is that all?.....i'm not buying this service!