Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

I got my car t by a school bus in front my house could you

Customer Question

I got my car hit by a school bus in front my house could you help me please
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

First, if no one contacted you, the driver committed a hit and run, which is a crime. If you haven't already, contact the police so they can take a report and decide whether to press charges (and they can contact the school). Then, call the school district to notify them about what happened. You can find contact information at this link. If they won't help, call the city's attorney's office and let them know what happened. Get the information for their insurance company, and get them to agree to pay for a rental car while your car is being fixed. That way, you can still get to work, but you can also have a shop come and tow the car.

Another option, if they give you a lot of hassle trying to find the right person to talk to, is to call your insurance company, tell them you were the victim of a hit and run, and see if they'll handle it for you. Sometimes they'll give you the money to fix your car, then sue the person who hit you so you don't have to. But start with the police and the school district.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Did you have any other questions about this?