KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I received a proof of insurance ticket and literally forgot

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I received a proof of insurance ticket and literally forgot about the ticket. It was in Fulton County. I remembered the ticket but now I miss my court date. What can I do?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 9 months ago.
Good morning. If you missed your court date then the court considers you a failure to appear and then places the ticket in default and may issues a bench warrant, and they will eventually suspend your drivers license. You must reschedule a court date and get back on the docket to have a hearing. You should call the court at(###) ###-####to reschedule.